We have been hearing from so many of you, asking about our plan for camp this summer. As you know, our summer sessions are our favorite weeks of the year; our campers, staff, and volunteers look forward to these special days all year long. That is why it is heartbreaking for us to share that we have made the very difficult decision to cancel our scheduled summer camp sessions in June and July. The safety of our campers and volunteers is always our top priority, and while many factors were considered in this decision, we ultimately believe there is no way for us to provide a safe space for campers this season.
Even though we can’t be together in person, we are excited to continue to provide high-quality programs adapted to meet the special needs of all of our campers. The following initiatives are underway:
- There is still time to join our Virtual 5K the week of May 2-8 to show your support!
- We are currently launching a new “Camp-At-Home” initiative to deliver some camp magic to our families in June and July. These interactive, self-guided activities, crafts, and games will allow the entire family to unplug from screens, and connect with each other, offering a much needed break from the anxiety of the current situation. More details to come on how to get your boxes!
- We are tentatively planning a Family Camp Day for August, so all our campers, siblings, and parents can experience some summer camp magic before school starts. Stay tuned!
- During the 2020-2021 academic year, we will be adding Mini-Camp Weekend Programming for our camp populations to stay connected.
- Finally, we have set our sights on making Summer 2021 extra special, and we have some BIG developments on the way for that.
We miss our campers so much, and we can’t wait until it’s safe for us to all be together again. Please reach out if there is anything we can do for your family during this time. We are here to serve you, and we can’t wait to make more camp memories with you all soon.
The Camp Rise Above team