Director of Development
CRA is seeking an enthusiastic, full-time Director of Development who is passionate about providing life-changing camp experiences for children and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors and partners.
- Create and execute a strategy for a sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, retain and upgrade donors/event participants.
- Write grant proposals and reports while overseeing an up-to-date and ongoing database of deadlines.
- Update and manage the organization’s donor database.
- Assist in the successful execution of all camp programs.
- Write and mail acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations while representing CRA at area networking opportunities and events.
- Assist the Executive Director with the development of all print and online marketing materials, including brochures, newsletters, banners, and more.
- Assist the ED with and oversee interns managing the social media plan for CRA including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website blog, and more, as related to optimizing donations.
- Lead by example by enthusiastically attending Camp Rise Above events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to function independently as well as on a team. He/she should also have the following skills:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to communicate with children and families.
- Flexibility and spontaneity
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task with a positive attitude.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Comfort with public speaking, speaking with new people, and making fundraising solicitations.
- Prefer knowledge of donor databases such as DonorPerfect and Network for Good.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and summer camp programs as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and 4-5 years of related experience in development is preferred.
Please note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand or walk frequently for varying lengths of time. The employee is required to participate in programs and activities that may require lifting and standing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program and Social Media Intern
We are currently in need of at least one intern (10-15 hours/week) for program assistance, social media tasks, and other items as needed. This individual needs to be in the Charleston area and have the ability to work in person and virtually, and have transportation.
Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old and a high school graduate
- Ability to work remotely and in our office (Charleston area) 10-15 hours/week
- Skilled in creating, scheduling, and overseeing social media posts and interactions
- Passion for working with children with special needs and furthering the mission of CRA
- Professional, reliable, and flexible attitude
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and help with administrative as well as physical tasks as needed
- Enthusiasm for learning all about nonprofit, camp, and fundraising sectors
If you feel like this describes you, great! Please send your resume and any additional information to Erin at email@example.com
. Thank you again!
Camp Rise Above is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancement opportunities for all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Camp Rise Above does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.