Program and Volunteer Coordinator
Camp Rise Above, located in Charleston, serves children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and life challenges across the state of South Carolina. CRA is seeking an enthusiastic, part-time Program and Volunteer Coordinator who is passionate about designing and implementing life-changing camp experiences for children and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation and development of camp and family programs year round.
- Oversee the application process for all volunteers, including checking references, monitoring incoming applications, conducting interviews, and handling pre-event communication.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with volunteers and program partners.
- Create and execute a strategy for recruiting and retaining a strong base of volunteers.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, retain and upgrade donors/event participants.
- Attend volunteer/intern fairs, university events, and speaking opportunities across the state to recruit summer camp volunteers.
- Update and manage the organization’s volunteer database.
- Assist in the successful execution of all camp programs.
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Assist the Executive Director with the development of all online marketing materials, including newsletters, website, and more.
- Assist the ED with and oversee interns managing the social media plan for CRA including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, website blog, and more, as related to optimizing donations.
- Lead by example by enthusiastically attending Camp Rise Above events and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to function independently as well as on a team. He/she should also have the following skills:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to communicate well with children and families.
- Flexibility and spontaneity
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task with a positive attitude.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Comfort with leading group activities and trainings.
- Knowledge of registration database CampSite is a plus.
- Ability to work approximately three days per week. Occasional nights, weekends, and summer camp programs will be required as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and at least 3 years of related experience in working with children and/or in a camp setting is preferred.
Please note: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand or walk frequently for varying lengths of time. The employee is required to participate in programs and activities that may require lifting and standing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12.
Camp Rise Above is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancement opportunities for all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Camp Rise Above does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.